Saturday, October 9, 2010

What I learned from foreign students

 What I think about foriegn student.

They have strong mind to do something they are interested in. They study alot and aquire skills a lot.
It may be just my stereotype of foreign student but still I can't stop to think so. I often see my Japanese friends sleeping in the class. But how about foreign student?
They listen what teacher and/or other student say and have their own opinion.
I was surprised when I saw student say their opinion and then other student make a counterargument to the student.
I could learn many things studying with foreign students.

Here are two pictures of two guys from U.S.
Jake and Andrew.


Jake

Andrew

They studied Japanese when I come to them and they both spoke Japanese really well even I thought no need to convey what I think in English.
I was afraid to talk to them when I approached to them because I could be strange Japanese student who wnats to take their picture.

taken by me with Andrew's iPhone(my camera's battery was dead)
But they nicely invite me to their table and hear what I was doing.
We talked for a while and I admired their attitude to studying. Jake also can speak Spanish but his major is science. I haven't seen Japanese science students interested in language even it's highly required in business now.
I thought I shoud practice my English more and more not to be ashamed to say my major is English.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were able to use this assignment to meet new friends and learn more about people from other countries.

    ReplyDelete